ClutchThe most common warning signs that your clutch requires attention are:
• difficult or impossible to change gears
• a noise (rumbling or squealing) is heard when using the clutch
• a burning smell emanates from the engine
• oil leaks on the driveway
• clutch pedal is unusually high or low
• high fuel consumption
• slow to move off, slipping sensation
This involves checking the free play (adjustment) in the clutch cable and adjusting if necessary; checking the clutch fluid (hydraulic system) & road testing the vehicle.
If your vehicle clutch needs repairs or replacements we can diagnose, repair and replace if necessary.
What does a Clutch Replacement involve?
Our Clutch Replacement includes:
• check condition of flywheel (and grind if required)
• check oil seals
• align and replace clutch plate
• align and replace pressure plate
• replace release bearing
• check spigot bearing (and replace if required)
• check clutch hydraulics or cable
• check and adjust clutch clearance
• ROAD TEST