Cam Belt / Timing BeltA Cam Belt /timing belt is situated in the front or side of your engine behind the plastic Cam Belt covers.
This belt should be changed every 100,000kms or 4 years, whatever comes first. In some engines there are 2 belts, a Cam Belt/Timing Belt or a Balance Belt.
A Cam Belt has a limited life and if ignored can lead to catastrophic engine damage.
Sometimes when replacing Cam Belts additional parts such as Tensioners, Idler Bearings, Oil Seals, Water Pump, may need to be replaced. We check all of these things and let you know their condition.
Does my vehicle need the Cam Belt Replaced?
The most common warning signs are:
• noisy engine
• warning light appears on dash
• over 80,000 kms since cam belt last replaced
What does a Cam Belt Replacement involve?
• check Power Steering Belt
• check Air-Conditioning Belt
• check Alternator Belt
• check Auto Tensioner
• check Cam Belt Idlers
• check external condition of Water Pump
• check Oil Seals
• check and replace Cam Belt*
• check and adjust Cam timing
• check and adjust Ignition timing
(*cost of belt is extra)