Automatic TransmissionAutomatic Transmissions need servicing regularly and typically fail due to internally overheating. This is usually a direct result of poor maintenance.
Automatic Transmission Servicing will help extend the life of your transmission and in most cases provide smoother gear changes.
Does my vehicle need a Transmission service?
A transmission service is only relevant for automatic transmissions. The most common warning signs are:
• difficult or impossible to select gears
• frequently missing gear shifts
• discoloured transmission oil i.e. a dark brown colour (in most cases it should be red)
• transmission oil smells burnt
What does a Transmission Service involve?
• check transmission pipes and hoses
• remove oil pan & filter
• drain transmission fluid
• replace filter & pan gasket
• fill with transmission fluid
• check operation of transmission